When it comes to sustainable fashion, it’s about more than simply shopping sustainably. Caring for your garments properly and storing them correctly extends the lifetime of your ethical investment, meaning that you’re not having to constantly replace or repair your pieces.
At Sleepy Dee, we’ve designed our pieces to be as easy care as possible. The timeless and minimalistic silhouettes on offer mean that you can mix and match the pieces whilst getting years of wear out of them. However, our range of silk sleepwear does need a little extra attention to ensure they stay in their finest form.
In a perfect world, leaving your silk pyjamas in the hands of experienced dry cleaners is the best way to keep your Sleepy Dee safe. But if you need to freshen it up at home, here are our recommendations for handwashing them.TIPS
- Use a mild detergent, designed for delicate garments or silk where possible. Never use bleach!
- Separate colours to avoid any discolouration
- To help keep the luxurious feel, add a gentle fabric conditioner into the final rinse
- Do not wring the garments (this harms the fibres)
- Do not tumble dry
- Turn garments or pillowcase inside out where possible
- Place your Sleepy Dee in a basin of cold water with a mild detergent
- Leave to soak for around five minutes
- Gently handle the garment in the water to ensure it has been washed
- Rinse well in cold water
- With the softest squeeze, gently remove some of the water before laying the garment on a towel. Roll the towel around the garment to remove excess water
- Lay your Sleepy Dee flat in the shade to completely dry
A natural and sustainable fibre, bamboo is renowned for its low environmental impact as well as its cool, comfortable and hypoallergenic feel.
Easy to wear and easy to care for, find our tips for keeping your bamboo pieces in great shape below.
- To further extend the lifetime of your bamboo pieces, consider handwashing them like silk
- Use a mild detergent, never bleach
- Wash on a gentle cycle and use a delicates bag
- Separate colours to keep the integrity of the original colouring
- Do not tumble dry
- Turn garments inside out and place in a delicates bag
- Wash on a gentle cycle in cold or warm water
- Lie flat to dry, avoid direct sunlight